Sunday 2 October 2011

I'm not Dead!

Despite appearances this blog is not yet dead... technically. There are actually a number of reasons why I don't post much, and they are as follows:
1. Not much that is actually interesting enough to write about happens to me, which leads to
2. Even when something moderately interesting does happen to me, I really don't think there are that many people that care all that much, and even fewer read my blog, and
3. It just seems like a lot of effort.
Ok, I'll admit the last one is a a bit of a lame excuse for never posting, but hey, it is my blog.

One this that did happen, which I thought was of sufficient interest to inform the world of its happening was the release of Innistrad, the new Magic: The Gathering set. For all those who don't know of Magic, it is a trading card game (I know what you are thinking, and it is more awesome than that). Innistrad is the new set of cards that was released this weekend. Thus far it has been met with less-than-universal approval, as they introduced a new card mechanic that has people divided, I like it and so won't go into detail (as it would probably bore you non-Magic people, and already be know to the others). I think I'll probably collect the entire set of cards, which probably wont be too hard, except for maybe a few of the rares which are actually worth money.

I also won a WoW event. It turns out that the increasingly popular (though not with me) video game World of Warcraft has a card game which is not unlike Magic. I'd never played it before but they needed one more person to make up numbers and I happened to be there. I didn't really know what I was doing, so I just picked cards that seemed good, but didn't take cards that were (apparently) insanely good, or merely very useful with irritating regularity. In the end they may have been good choices, as I won (picking up a $30 card for a game which I had no intention of ever playing again in the process). So that was cool.

But yeah, a very card themed post, not actually intentional but there you go, apparently that is all that has been happening to me (Also doing a bit of study - on my holidays too )': gross.)

Skywalker out!

No comments: